Auction Terms & Conditions Burns & Co Classic Car Auction Sunday 8th August 2021 starting at 12.00pm (AEST) sharp
General / Bidders
1. This traditional Auction is to be conducted with a combination of online bidders, absentee and phone bidders (no floor bidding due to COVID19 restrictions) with the Auctioneers starting 12pm Sunday 8th August 2021 (AEST) at our premises at 4 Market Drive, Bayswater. Phone and absentee bidding is also available.
2. Buyers must be registered to bid or purchase at this sale and this can be done at www.burnsandcoauctions.com.au for online bidders. Absentee bids can be lodged by emailing email@example.com. Should you require phone bidding please register prior to COB Friday 6th August 2021 by contacting Anton Cooper on 0427 383 531.
3. For any assistance with the bidding process please call our office on (03) 8657 4292 or Anton Cooper 0427 383 531.
4. The purchaser is simply the highest bidder at the fall of the hammer subject to reaching any reserve price set by the vendor on the said lot.
5. Any dispute arising as to the highest bidder is to be determined by the Auctioneer who may re-offer the lot for sale.
6. The Auctioneer reserves the right to refuse any bid. Furthermore the Auctioneer reserves the right to bid on behalf of clients, namely absentee and phone bidders. The auctioneer may also bid on behalf of the vendor up to any reserve price.
7. All items remain the property of the vendor until payment has been received in full and to the satisfaction of Burns & Co Auctions.
8. Whilst every care is taken, the Auctioneer / Agent does not accept responsibility for items described incorrectly either in the catalogue or at the auction. Intending purchasers are encouraged to take advantage of the time given to view the catalogue prior to the auction commencing.
All inspections times are available on our website at www.burnsnandcoauctions.com.au or by contacting our office on (03) 8657 4292
Furthermore, no compensation shall be paid in respect of any error or mis-description. Photos and videos form a major part of the description so please view all photos, videos and descriptions carefully. Further Video inspections, running commentary, more specific photos and 3rd party inspections can be arranged by contacting our office on (03) 8657 4292 prior to auction. Please also refer to special condition No 9.
9. The Auctioneer will inspect lots on behalf of bidders who wish to lodge their bids by the prescribed absentee form, by phone or online to ensure that the lots are as described in the catalogue. Contact Anton on 0427 383 531 or firstname.lastname@example.org 48 hours prior to the commencement of the auction to take advantage of this.
10. Vehicles are sold as is - unregistered and without number plates. No warranty expressed or implied, sold with all and/or any faults, and where applicable, sold with Australian Government Import Approval.
11. To protect your investment successful purchasers of vehicle should consider at a minimum replacement of fuel, oil, fluids, filters and thorough brake inspection as vehicles may have been stationary for some time.
12. Please note carefully the order of sale and inspection arrangements. Full details of both are on our website at www.burnsandcoauctions.com.au
13. Catalogue may change without notice and at the discretion of the agent / vendor. This includes the withdrawal of any lots at the agent's / vendor's discretion.
14. None of the items are insured. At the fall of the hammer the item becomes the responsibility of the purchaser, therefore please take out immediate insurance cover on any item of value.
15. The auctioneer is merely the agent of the vendor in the respect of the sale of the goods. The auctioneer shall not be liable for any default of the purchaser or vendor.
16. CAVEAT EMPTOR (buyer beware) applies to each lot in this Auction.
17. No Pets or Alcohol are allowed on the property. Offenders will be asked to leave
18. All measurements quoted are in millimetres, width x height unless otherwise stated..
19. Should an absentee, phone or online bidder and a floor bidder be locked on the same bid the lot will go to the floor bidder. Should two absentee or online bidders be locked on the same bid the lot will go to the absentee or online bidder who registered first with the auctioneer.
20. Burns & Co Auctions are acting under LMCT 11428
21. All invoices are to be settled within 48 hours of the Auctions completion
22. All vehicles have been checked on the PPSR register and a certificate is available on request
23. Online Bidders must accept FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR THEIR ACTIONS. No discussions will be entered into in regard to accidently pressing the bid button or bidding on the wrong lot. This is without exception. IF UNSURE DO NOT BID. YOUR ACTIONS ARE FINAL.
24. In the event that online bidders leave a computer, smartphone or tablet logged in to the online bidding platform; Burns and Co accept no responsibility for any bids placed, or in the event your computer is hacked by unauthorised personnel.
25. Absentee bids will only be accepted on the prescribed form as attached and will be accepted by the auctioneers up until 4.00pm Friday 6th August 2021. All successful absentee bidders will be notified by email.
As is the practice in all states of Australia, a buyer's premium for all bidders of 9.9% for vehicles and 16.5% for all other items will apply. This means for each $100 an additional $9.90 or $16.50 will be incurred for all lots purchased. This premium includes GST.
Payments for ALL PURCHASES
1. The Burns & Co invoice is final with no disputes being entered into.
2. Invoices forwarded to successful online / absentee / phone or floor bidders MUST BE SETTLED WITHIN 48HOURS of the invoice being sent unless by prior arrangement.
3. All Payments are in Australian Dollars and are to be made by CASH, EFTPOS, (MasterCard or VISA) or EFT. Up to 2.2% surcharge on all credit card transactions. NO CHEQUES WILL BE ACCEPTED.
4. The swift code is NATAAU3303M, for any overseas payments please note Burns & Co will not be responsible for any fees incurred.
5. Banking Details:
Name: Burns & Co Auctions Consignment Trust Account
Acct No: 927-351-842.
Narration: Invoice Number
Collections & Pickup
1. Delivery will not occur until payment has been received in full.
2. Paid invoices MUST be signed off for items to be released and a copy of the paid invoice must be presented by the person/s collecting the items including car carriers, transport operators, couriers or any third party.
3. Removal Times: Our office hours are Monday to Friday 8.00am - 4.00pm or by appointment
Anton on 0427 383 531 (email@example.com) for vehicles
Daniel on 0409 248 848 (firstname.lastname@example.org) for memorabilia
Collection / pickup must occur between 8.00am - 4.00pm week days. All items to be collected by COB Friday 13th August 2021 (unless prior arrangements ar made). Should storage for any period of time be required please contact the auctioneers. Fees maybe applicable
4. Delivery options (Vehicles):
Please contact Anton Cooper on 0427 383 531 and he will organise the most appropriate, cost effective solution for you or coordinate your own collection. Please make an appointment for your car collection with 24 hours notice required.
Please make sure you've read and understood General Condition No 11.
Delivery options (non vehicles)
Your nominated courier or yourself
Nitin from PACK & SEND Cheltenham on 03 9585 7543 or email email@example.com
5. If memorabilia items remain uncollected 7 days after the completion of the auction and we are unable to contact the purchaser then items will be collected by Pack & Send at the purchaser's expense. This is without exception
PLEASE CALL DANIEL 0429 248 848 (MEMORABILIA) OR ANTON 0427 383 531 (CARS) TO ARRANGE COLLECTION.
Seller User Terms
Bidder User Terms