Auction Terms & Conditions CONDITIONS OF SALE
1. Cabin Auction: Starting at 12:30pm SHARP (A.E.S.T) On-site with online bidding available
2. Buyers must be registered to bid or purchase at this sale.
3. Payment Conditions:
3a. Cabin Auction (starting 12:30pm): payment is to be finalised by 23rd September 2019.
3b. Payment is to be made by cash, EFT, or EFTPOS. Bank Cheque may be accepted (for the larger items only) upon prior agreement. Up to 2.2% surcharge on all credit card transactions.
3c. A buyer's premium of 11% will apply for all lots purchased by bidders.
3d. The hammer prince on any items is inclusive of G.S.T.
3e. Invoices from the online auction held at 12:30pm will be emailed out at the conclusion of the Auction.
4. The purchaser is simply the highest bidder at the fall of the hammer.
5. Any dispute arising as to the highest bidder is to be determined by the Auctioneer who may re-offer any disputed lot for sale.
6. The Auctioneer reserves the right to refuse any bid or to bid on behalf of clients and or the vendor.
7. CAVEAT EMPTOR (buyer beware) applies to each lot in this Auction.
8. No Dogs / Pets or alcohol are allowed within the Auction precinct and owners will be asked to have them removed. No exceptions regardless of breed or size.
9. All items remain the property of the vendor until payment has been received in full and to the satisfaction of Burns & Co
10. Removal is by appointment only with agent between 23rd September and 11th October 2019 during the times of 9.00am and 4.00pm.
11. It is up to the buyer to organise crane hire (if necessary) and transport for lots won. Burns and Co will accept no responsibility for any loss or damage caused during the removal of items purchased.
12. Removal is at the expense of the buyer including any road/transport or council approvals.
13. Should two absentee or online bidders be locked on the same bid the lot will go to the absentee or online bidder which registered first with the auctioneer so be absentee bids in early and on the prescribed form.
14. Should a floor bidder and absentee or online bidder be locked on same bid the floor bidder will always win.
15. Whilst every care is taken, the Auctioneer / Agent does not accept responsibility for items described incorrectly either in the catalogue or during the online auction. Intending purchasers are encouraged to take advantage of the time given to view goods prior to the auction commencing. Furthermore, no compensation shall be paid in respect of any error or mis- description as these descriptions are provided by the vendor.
16. None of the items are insured. At the fall of the hammer the item becomes the responsibility of the purchaser therefore please take out immediate insurance cover on any items of value.
17. The Auctioneer is merely the agent of the vendor in the respect of the sale of goods. The Auctioneer shall not be liable for any default of the purchaser or vendor.
18. The Auctioneer shall not be liable for any loss or damage to the goods left in his care by vendors or purchasers. The Auctioneer gives no warranties in respect of these matters and no lots are to be returned to the Auctioneer.
19. The Auctioneer will inspect lots on behalf of bidders who wish to lodge their bids by absentee or online to ensure that the lots are as described in the catalogue.
20. Online bidders must accept FULL RESPONSIBILTY FOR THEIR ACTIONS. No discussions will be entered into in regard to accidently pressing the bid button or bidding on the wrong lot. This is without exception. IF UNSURE, DO NOT BID. YOUR ACTIONS ARE FINAL.
21. The Burns & Co invoice is final with no disputes being entered.
22. Please note carefully the order of sale and inspection arrangements.
23. Catalogue may change without notice and at the discretion of the agent / vendor. This includes the withdrawal of any lots at the agents / vendor's discretion.
24. No items / lots are available for sale prior to the Auction.
25. Burns & Co believes this information is correct but does not warrant or guarantee the accuracy. We suggest you make your own enquiries and check the information. Certain information has been obtained from external sources and has not been independently verified.
Seller User Terms
Bidder User Terms